As I sit writing this post, we are actually almost down to just 1 year until we get to see Elder Ogden. The past year has had it's rough spots and I miss the kid like CRAZY every single day. But looking back on this day last September when we dropped him off at the MTC, I cannot help but feel joy and gratitude for the blessings we have received.
September 27, 2017
Elder Ogden Reports to the Provo Missionary Training Center
Since Josh did not have to report to the MTC until 1 pm, we decided to take one last trip to Leatherby's. We got there right at 11 when they open and found the place to ourselves. It was awesome.
Of course, there was the saying goodbye to the pets as well. [Cue tears when Josh said to Bailey, "You're going to still be here when I get back, right?] . Two years is a long time in dog years.
On the way to the MTC!!
And then, there is this...[cue more tears.]
Josh and Emma
Josh and Abbie
Josh and Ellie
We're going to miss this kid!
It was so heartwarming to see these kiddos. Emma was in tears the whole time. Abbie was in tears as soon as she looked at me or Emma, and Ellie had her brave face on (although I know she shed a few tears as well.)
It was a beautiful day at the Provo Temple where we took pictures and said our final goodbyes.
Ugh. Seeing this picture makes me miss his hugs even more!
No comments:
Post a Comment