Monday, September 3, 2018

New Wheels!

October 2017

Ugh.  I really hate that I am so far behind in posting that I have to add a date before the post. 😩 . Oh well.  At least I'm less than a year behind...barely.

Our New Van

It was that time...time to trade in our old van and get a new one.  We had gone back and forth with the question, "Do we need to get a van?  Or can we get something like a Tesla and get away with the lack of storage space?"

We have really wanted to get an electric car, but when it came right down to it, we knew that we still needed the room that a mini van provides.  (Much to Mark's disappointment because a Tesla is a pretty sweet car.  That's okay.  It will be next on our car list. :)

We knew there was a new type of hybrid mini van, but you always hear people say, "Don't buy a car the first year it is out!  Wait until they work out all the bugs!  Well, we took that into consideration, but when we crunched the numbers, we just couldn't pass up on the savings in gas and maintenance that a hybrid van would give us.

So we closed our eyes and took the plunge...

Meet our new 2017 Chrysler Pacifica.  We were amazed with it in the first 15 minutes of driving it off the lot.  It's super cool and I think I'm really going to love it.

So many bells and whistles!  I don't know if I will ever learn everything that it is capable of.  The girls were super excited for the TV's, leather seats, and sun roof.





It's just so pretty.  I am in love.  

I can't close this post without paying respect to the mini van that took carried us as we created so many wonderful family memories...

There she is.  She took us safely to Texas and home again through snow and ice.  She took us to San Fransisco, Yosemite, Disneyland, and many trips to St. George and back.  She was a good van, and I must confess, I was a little sad to drive away from her.

However...now that I have enjoyed the gas savings for almost a year now, I'm not sad anymore.  Lol.





No comments:

Post a Comment