Saturday, December 30, 2017

Another Adult in the House

Well, I have exactly 1.5 days to go from the month of June to the month of December to reach my goal of finishing out our year on this blog.  

Ready...set...go!

Although it is December 30, I don't mind going back in time to the month of June when the weather was warmer and my cute Elder Ogden was still in our home.  

Josh's 18th Birthday

How is it possible that we have another adult in the house?!?  These 18 years just flew by.  I know that every parent says that, and it's totally cliché, but it is so true!!  I simply cannot believe that 18 years ago, I became a mom for the very first time.
Oh my goodness!  Less than 2 days old and already wide-eyed and wanting to take everything in.

We had a pretty low-key day, even though it was such a big birthday for Josh.  Mark was out of town for work, so we went to dinner another night, but the rest of us went to the Cheesecake Factory for lunch.


Some of Josh's friends came over that night to celebrate with him and he opened a lot of missionary-themed gifts.  And of course, there was a lot of playing the piano and cello that happened throughout the day as well.

Some things to remember about Josh at this time in his life:

*He has a great group of friends.  They call themselves "The Salt Shaker".  I am not sure where that name came from, but they love it.  

*Josh will pretty much eat (or at least try) anything.  This will be helpful when he serves his mission in Taiwan.  I would say his favorite foods are anything from a bbq place, a good sandwich (especially one from Jersey Mike's when he can make it himself), cheesecake, and a good pasta dish.

*He still enjoys the cello, piano, singing, and pretty much anything to do with music.  He spent the last month (before leaving for his mission) orchestrating a musical for one of his friends.  The musical will be performed for the very first time this coming March at Murray High School.

*He loves old movies and old music.  He especially love the Dick Van Dyke show.

*He continues to be a very loving kid and is never ashamed to give you a hug or a kiss.

No comments:

Post a Comment