Sunday, August 17, 2014

Scout Camp

Josh has been looking forward to this year's scout camp for quite a while now.
The plan was to go backpacking in Escalante for 4 days.
The plans had to change a bit last minute when one of the leaders was not able to go.
Fortunately, we have a really super awesome Bishop/Dad who offered to adjust his work and meetings schedules so the boys could still go on this adventure.  They were a day later than planned, but were still able to go to their original destination.
 Just look at him.
Can you sense the excitement??
It was heartbreaking to see him walk in the door after only being gone a half an hour.
Their plans literally had to be put on hold at the last second.
I immediately said a little prayer, hoping that the situation could be remedied.

 After some deliberation about what to do, Mark decided to offer to go in the other leader's spot.  It was a bit of a trick to get work arranged so he could be gone for three days at the last minute.  He also had to cancel some other meetings and things, but I am so happy that he was able to go and let the boys have this experience that they had been waiting for.

 They camped the first night at a campground in Escalante.  The next day, they headed off into the unknown.  The wilderness.  A place where only the real men go, ya know?  Okay, I know women go there too, but you know what I mean.  It was a tough hike, and longer than they expected.
But, they made it- heavy backpacks and all.

I can imagine it was totally worth it to be surrounded by views like this.
We have been truly blessed.
This world is completely awe-inspiring.

I am so glad to have them both back safe and sound.
I am glad that they were able to go and have this adventure together.
Josh will really only be with us for 3 more short years before he heads off on a mission and then college.
Those years will fly by and although I am excited for the adventures that high school and everything else will be in his life, I miss my cute little "Superman/Batman/really any Super hero will do" boy....

No comments:

Post a Comment