After a long and exhausting battle with the cancer beast, my friend and FD brother, Brian- AKA Juice- is finally at rest and no longer in pain.
He leaves behind a legacy of light, love and laughter that will never be forgotten...that MUST NOT be forgotten. I intend to do whatever I can to continue where he left off. To be strong when faced with adversity, to live, laugh, and love like there is no tomorrow. To be healthy and happy. To smile even on the hardest of days.
He was so young, but in the few short years that he had here on this earth- he touched so many lives for good. I only spent a week of my life with him, but it was truly a week that changed my life and one that I will never forget.
I will miss him terribly even though we lived miles and miles apart. I will miss his amazing Facebook posts and kind comments. I love ya Juice, my brother and friend. I am so thankful to have the knowledge that your spirit lives on and that I don't have to say goodbye...only see ya later.
I close this post with some positive messages from Juice himself.
"What do I fear? I fear stagnation and lack of progress. I fear never reaching my potential and being average. I fear being forgotten. The past. Yesterday's news. I fear giving up and being passed by. Going softly into the good night. I fear letting those that I love down. Letting myself down. I fear settling. Giving in to the that's-just-the- way-it-is mindset. I fear dying without leaving my mark. I fear not feeling these fears anymore and just floating along. These fears feed me. They nourish my drive. I LOVE my fear!"
-February 20th, 2014
"When we focus our energy towards constructing a passionate, meaningful life, we are tossing a pebble into the world, creating a beautiful ripple effect of inspiration. When one person follows a dream, tries something new, or takes a daring leap, everyone nearby feels that energy and before long, they too find themselves taking their own leaps inspiring yet another circle. You never know how far your ripples may reach. Keep tossing."
February 12, 2014
"Today marks my 5 month anniversary since treatment. I've never felt more healed, healthy, or whole, ever. I can't stop smiling. Life truly presents you with incredible things when YOU decide to BE happy. Perspective is EVERYTHING. It's so great to be alive. Remember to always live in the moment, laugh, and appreciate what you have. Stay well, friends. Livestrong & have the best day OUT LIVING IT!"
-September 5, 2013
(a comment on one of my posts when I had my most recent PET scan....)
"Keep jumping through those hoops unscathed & have your head held high. Have a fantastic weekend and look forward to hearing the good news that everything will be alright! Love to you always"
"My thoughts & prayers are with you Rae Rae! Give life to the fact that you WILL BE FINE!! Perspective and positivity is EVERYTHING!! Sending all the best healing energies & love to you"
And finally...
"SMILE, ITS CONTAGIOUS!"
-January 30, 2014


No comments:
Post a Comment