This weekend happens to be one of my two favorite weekends of the year.
It is time again for General Conference.
Once in April and again in October, the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints (AKA Mormons or LDS) hold a conference where our leaders share with us words of encouragement and often times, words of warning and advice.
I believe that the women and men who speak at General Conference are called by God and they tell us the things that God would have us know. How do I know that they are the things they say are from God? Because I have asked him.
As a daughter of God, I have the right to receive personal revelation for myself, and for those that I have stewardship over- which includes my kiddos and whomever I might be serving in my calling in the church. That doesn't mean that I then get to tell them what they have to do. It just means that I can teach them what I feel, in my heart and mind, is right and then they have that same right to ask God and find out for themselves if what I have taught them is true.
God loves us and He has blessed us with living Apostles and leaders to guide us and help us to find out for ourselves what we need to do to use our time on earth well.
I invite you to find out for yourself if the testimony that I have shared is true.
Try to listen to a talk or two.
I promise you that if you will listen with an open heart and mind, and ask God if the words that you are hearing are true, He will give you the answers that you seek.
(There are also 3 sessions today...one at 10 am, one at 2 pm, and a priesthood session at 6 pm. The women's session was last weekend and it...was....amazing. Click here if you would like to watch it.)

No comments:
Post a Comment