This post could fall into two categories, "Thankful Thursday" and "I Believe". I think I am going to start it today, and maybe finish up on Sunday.
My son- who is taking a Seminary class this year-brought this video to my attention today.
It is 4 1/2 minutes long and the speaker is one of my favorite people.
Pure and simple testimony from a living apostle of the Lord Jesus Christ.
Yes, I said a living apostle and that is what I am thankful for today.
I am thankful that Heavenly Father and Jesus Christ restored Christ's church to the earth. It was lost for many years after the death of Christ and His apostles.
In the spring of 1820, God and Jesus Christ appeared to Joseph Smith, who was 14 at the time.
They appeared to him as an answer to his earnest and humble prayer to know which church he should join.
Because the gospel of Jesus Christ has been restored in it's fullness, we are able to have Christ's priesthood power here on the earth today. We have apostles, just like Christ did when He walked the earth. They are here to testify of Him and of the truthfulness of the gospel of Jesus Christ.
Elder Holland is one of those apostles and I believe that He is a true apostle of Jesus Christ.
I know that because I have asked in prayer, just as Joseph Smith did.
I did not receive a grand vision, rather a confirmation to my very soul that the gospel of Jesus Christ is true, that the Book of Mormon is true, and that the apostles we have here on the earth today are called of God.
To be continued...:)
No comments:
Post a Comment