Sunday, February 23, 2014

Goodbye to February

It's hard to believe that the month of February is almost over.  The older I get, the faster the days seem to fly by.  I need to play catch up a bit with some things that happened this month.

First, Valentines Day.
Some people hate it, some people love it.  I love any holiday and any excuse to party. :)
We started off with some pink pancakes and then everyone was off to school.
The day before, Josh received a nice surprise in one of his classes.
The middle school does a balloon fundraiser every year where the students can buy balloons to send to their classmates and/or teachers.  Josh was very surprised to receive not one, not two, but 20 balloons from a secret admirer. 
His reaction was, "I can't believe that someone would spend 20 bucks on some balloons!"
They came with a very nice poem and even though he claims not to be excited about it, I think he was very flattered.  The best part about this is that he had to bring all of the balloons home on the bus.  My baby boy is growing up and has a secret admirer.  Crazy.

I headed to the elementary school in the afternoon to help out with some of the celebrations there.
There is a tradition in the 6th grade to have a Valentine's dance.  Emma wanted to wear sweats, but I "gently persuaded" her to wear something a little nicer.  She just wanted to be comfortable, but I convinced her that she should at least wear some nice pants and a t-shirt.  Silly girl.
It was fun to see all of these kids having such a good time.  They were a little nervous at the beginning, but once they saw that it really was not too scary, they started to relax and you could not wipe the smile off of their faces.

I got to Abbie's class in time to see them playing a highly competitive game of Musical Chairs.  The claws were out.  I was glad I was not participating.

Ellie's class made these adorable heart-shaped glasses out of pipe cleaners.  Seriously...way too cute.

I failed to take a picture of the best part of Valentines day.
My beautiful bouquet of flowers from the Love of My Life.
Thanks honey.  I loved them. :)

We also had a bit of fun last week.  My mom, sister-in-law, Chantelle and my niece, Haiven made a quick trip up so we could roam the aisles of IKEA.  That's what I call a fun day.  We found some real treasures.  We also took a little time out to take Haiven ice skating for the first time.  She did not want to get off the ice!  She loved it, even if she had to wear tights.
We have one more fun thing in store for February, which I will post pictures of later, and then we move on to the fabulous month of March.  Which is the best month by far...but that has nothing to do with the fact that it's my birthday month. ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment