I mentioned that we had one more exciting thing to do before February was over. For Christmas this year, one of our family gifts was tickets to some Hale Center Theater productions. This place is absolutely amazing. Every production I have seen there is completely incredible. It is a "theater in the round" and the stage area is very small, but the props and mechanics that they do there....mind-boggling. We love it.
Our first set of tickets was to Les Miserables. One of our family's favorites. The music is beautiful and I love the story of Jean Valjean. It makes me cry every time.
It was a beautiful production and the actors were all very fitting in their roles. Their voices were awesome and we all enjoyed it so much.
There was only one problem with our Les Mis adventure....going to bed at 11 pm on a school night does not make for a very pretty morning around our house. There were at least 3 meltdowns that I remember, and one of them was mine. :/ Apparently we really need a full 8 hours of sleep.
Oh well, we survived the next day and are looking forward to our next theater adventure in April (Arsenic and Old Lace- can't wait.)


No comments:
Post a Comment