Monday, October 7, 2013

A Little Bit Crafty

I have finally had the opportunity to be a little bit crafty!!
As some of you know, I suffer from a little crafting disease.  My brain sometimes gets overloaded with creative juices and it seriously drives me bonkers!  Especially when I don't have any spare time to let those creative juices flow.
But this past weekend, I had a little time so I finished 2 projects that I have had on the back burner for a little while.

 I have wanted to put out a "Beware of Dog" sign as a form of theft deterrent, but all the ones I saw were just plain and boring, and they did not match my outside decor.  Big no-no.  Plus, it's not like Bailey is this monster waiting to pounce on everyone. (Ok, she does pounce on everyone, but it's out of love and excitement :)  One night as I was drifting off to sleep- with creativity flowing in my brain- I came up with this little gem.  Well, I think it's a gem and I laughed about it.  Maybe it's only funny to me.  If that's the case, oh well.  I love how the finished product turned out at any rate.
See!  WAY cuter than "Beware of Dog"

As I was putting up my Halloween decorations this year, I thought to myself, "I really think that my Halloween decorations are my favorites."  But I will say that at Thanksgiving, Christmas, Valentines...you get the picture.  I love to decorate and I am a sucker for making cute crafty items to go along with each holiday.  I stumbled across this on Pinterest the other day and decided that this would be my addition to the Halloween decorations this year.  Of course, I tweaked it a bit.  I like to do that with anything that I see on Pinterest.  Makes it feel more like I didn't just steal the idea from someone else.  :)

Have I mentioned that I LOVE my Silhouette machine!  Could not possible live without it.

Well, that is it for my craftiness for now.  It got the bug out of my system for at lease another few weeks.  ;)


6 comments:

  1. Haha you're home is soooo stinkin' cute!!!! I wish I could just copy and paste them for mine ;) I think of crafts, sometimes buy the supplies but hardly ever put it together

    ReplyDelete
  2. That turned out very cute!!! It was fun watching you put it together!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. We should try to squeeze in a craft night when we come up at Christmas!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Danette- we are totally squeezing in a craft night at Christmas. Mom and I talked about it already. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I must have that Halloween decoration! So cute!!

    ReplyDelete