Today I want to tell you about one of my favorite books.
I know I have talked about it A LOT before and I hope that you will forgive me, because I will probably talk about it A LOT in the future as well.
It has brought so much joy, peace, comfort, and knowledge to my life.
I have to share it with you again and again and again.
It's part of the deal I made with my Father in Heaven when He blessed me with a 2nd chance at life.
First, let me share this video with you. I know I have shared it on the blog before, but I love it, so I am going to share it again.
The Book of Mormon is another testament of Jesus Christ.
As he mentioned in the video, it goes right along with the Bible and completes the Bible in many ways.
If you already have a testimony of Jesus Christ and of the words of ancient prophets in the Bible, then the Book of Mormon will only add to that testimony- it won't take anything away from it.
I know the Book of Mormon is true.
I have read it for myself. I have asked God if it is true.
I have felt the sweet assurance from Him that it is.
I know that by following the teachings in this great book, I will be able to be closer to my Savior and to my Father in Heaven.
Our Stake President has issued a challenge for our stake.
(A stake president is the lay leader of a stake, which is a geographic subdivision similar to a Catholic diocese.)
That challenge is this: To read the Book of Mormon again before the year is over and to ask God what it can mean in your life.
I have accepted that challenge and I have already felt a calmer presence in my life by reading in it every day.
I am excited to read it again. I don't know how many times I have read it cover to cover, but I will continue reading it cover to cover until the day I die. It is that important to me. I learn something new every time it.
Here's my challenge to you.
*If you have never read the Book of Mormon, try it! You might be surprised at how much you like it.
*If you have read the Book of Mormon, read it again. You will learn something new and it will bring peace to your heart.
*You can click here to read the Book of Mormon online- or just ask me and I can give you your very own copy. I would love nothing more than to share a copy with anyone who is willing to give it a shot.
No comments:
Post a Comment