Saturday, September 21, 2013

A Recital and a Competition

Part of our busy couple of weeks included Abbie's first piano recital (which I think can be recorded as the shortest piano recital ever).  There were only 6 students performing so it went very fast.  They all did a fantastic job.  I am so proud of Abbie.  She has worked hard on these piano pieces.
 All of my kiddos play the piano, and most of them just learn from me.  Although I have to say...not the best teacher in town.  It is easy to say, "Oh, we'll do a lesson later."  And then later turns into 3 weeks later.  Not the best way to learn an instrument.  Abbie is lucky because she is taking from a suberb teacher, Rachel.  We love Rachel.  She is very good for Abbie.  Abbie + Mommy + Piano lessons= disaster.  We don't really have patience with one another.  Abbie is my mini me and that causes some contention once in a while.  I haven't figured it out though.  I should be able to get along with myself, right?
Grandma Great and Grandma & Grandpa O. were able to come and watch.  Grandma Great actually had 2 grandchildren performing.  My cousin, Jayce, is also one of Rachel's students.  He is in Abbie's school class as well.  They are pretty funny together.

Here are Abbie's 2 performances if you would like to watch.
It's a little hard to hear her talk...sorry about that.





1 comment:

  1. Abbie you did a great job, wish I could have been there!!!!

    ReplyDelete