Saturday, September 21, 2013

State Fair Fun

We have had a really busy couple of weeks and I have been really slow at writing about it. 
But I figured that I better get it done, or I will forget the details and not be able to look back on the blog when I finally get caught up in my scrapbooks.  :)

We finally made it to the State Fair!  We have been talking about going for a few years now, but then it rolled around and something always got in the way.  Football, cancer, etc.  A few months back I was looking at who the performers would be and noticed that Bridgit Mendler (one of the girls favs) was going to perform.  She is on a Disney Channel show called "Good Luck Charlie".  The whole family loves the show, so I thought it would be fun to see her in concert and it would make us get to the fair.

It was a great night for everyone.  The girls started out by getting their faces painted and/or a glitter tattoo.  I was very proud of these kiddos.  I told them that while we were at the fair, they would need to pay for their own stuff since we bought the concert tickets.  They have been saving money and were very thoughtful about what they wanted to spend their limited resources on (considering the prices at the fair were OUTRAGEOUS!  Yikes!)

We had a lot of fun food.  Josh has been wanting to try a deep fried Twinkie for some time now so that is the first place he headed.  There were deep fried Twinkies, Oreos, Candy Bars, Butter, and Jell-o.  Don't ask me how they manage to deep fry Jell-o.  The Twinkie was actually really good.  We also tried out a deep-fried Snickers and that was good too.  Then we had your standard fair foods like popcorn, snowcones, and cotton candy.  Dinner of champions.  Oh ya...we threw in some french fries too.

We walked around for a little while, checking out all of the games and booths.  We didn't ride any of the rides because we had just spent a whole lot of money riding rides at Lagoon.  We did do the giant wavy slide though.  That was a fun way to end the night. 

Always love the cutout pictures. :)  Yee Haw!

The concert was a lot of fun...for me and the girls.  The boys tolerated it.  We were sitting right in front of one of the speakers so to say it was loud would be an understatement.  You could feel the music bouncing around in your chest.  Mark and I had a moment of panic when we thought, "What is this going to do to Josh's hearing?"  If he is going to major in music, he needs his hearing.  Thank goodness for smart phones.  Mark whipped his phone out and googled it.  According to what we found on the Internet, (which is always true, right?) he will be okay as long as we don't make it a regular occurrence.  I think this will be our one and only Fair concert.


The girls had fun, although I think they were a little tired.  I tried to get them up and moving, feeling the groove and all that.  But they were content to sit and watch...tapping their feet.  I was highly disappointed.  I wanted to be up and dancing around.  My Just Dance moves are pretty sweet and I was hoping to show them off.  ;)  Maybe the girls knew this and were being smart about helping me stay a little reserved.  

All in all...a very fun family night.  We all slept really good that night and I like to think that we burned all of the calories we consumed by all the walking that was done.  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment