Well, by now you have read about the girls' adventure at Camp Kesem.
Monday's adventure: New looks for the both of us. My fab hairdresser and sis-in-law, Julie, worked her magic and this is the end results. One handsome 9th grade boy (does not seem possible) and his darling mama.
Tuesday's Adventure: Baptisms for the Dead at the Oquirrh Mountain Temple. I have probably explained this before, but just a quick recap. As members of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints, one of the purposes of our beautiful temples are to do important ordinances for those who have passed on without the opportunity to do it for themselves. One of the ordinances is baptism. In 1 Corinthians Chapter 15, it talks about the fact that baptisms for the dead were performed during the time of the Apostle Paul. Some people get confused about Baptisms for the Dead. We are not just baptizing people into the church against their will. We believe that the person who is deceased has the right to accept or refuse this ordinance as they are living in the Spirit World. Their names are not added to the membership of the church. It is a wonderful thing to be able to participate in and Josh has had the opportunity to do this since he turned 12. It was an added bonus to admire the rod iron fence at this temple that our Grandpa Great had a hand in making.
Wednesday's Adventure: Baptisms at the Salt Lake Temple. I will always have a soft spot for this particular temple because it's where my family became an eternal one. Mark and I entered that temple over 15 years ago and were married and sealed to one another for time and all eternity. I love going to this temple because everything about it is beautiful and peaceful. The grounds, the atmosphere that surrounds it, the people I encounter within the walls. Just beautiful. Just a funny side note...all of the temple workers thought Josh was preparing to head out on a mission. I guess the missionary haircut makes him look about 4 years older. :)
Thursday's Adventure: We had planned on doing a trip to the Draper Temple to do baptisms there, but unfortunately they are closed for cleaning. :( We will have to do it another time. We decided to take our adventure outdoors and enjoy the beauty and majesty of God's creations. Our Outdoor Temple, if you will.
We went on a cool little hike called the Rocky Mouth Trailhead. It ends at a fun little waterfall. It was so fun to spend so much time one on one with Josh this week. We were able to talk and laugh and make some great memories together. Definitely adding it to my list of S.M.I.L.E.S. moments. I love this kid of mine. I am excited for all of the great things he has ahead of him as he enters his high school years. He is incredible and I thank my Heavenly Father every day for the blessing that he is in my life. I don't know how I got so lucky to be his momma.
Love you buddy! Thanks for the memories this week. You...are..awesome. :)




now that you mention it, those pictures of him in front of the temple he totally looks like missionary material. I love it!
ReplyDelete