Saturday, August 17, 2013

Girls Just Wanna Have Fun!

Well, here goes another long list of blog posts as I try to catch up.  We have just been so busy- yet not busy- this summer.  Busy spending time with family which has been lovely.  So we haven't been really going anywhere or doing much, just enjoying time together.

After the dust settled a bit from the funeral, we decided to have a little Girls Night Out with Grandma Great.  My heart aches for her.  She is having a hard time adjusting to the loneliness that comes along with losing your best friend and spouse.  We've been trying to spend as much time with her as we can.
We invited a few of my cousins kiddos to party with us.  It was very fun just hanging out with the girls.
We started out with a stop at the Splash Pad.  We invited Tara and her girlies as well.  It was a bit crowded, but the girls still managed to have a great time.  We stayed for about an hour.  We had Allora, Bella, my girls, and Tara's girls (Katelyn & Liza).
When we got back to grandma's, the girls changed out of their wet clothes directly in to their pj's.  I brought out the sidewalk chalk and they went to work making masterpieces on Grandma's driveway.  If any of you have been to my Grandma's house, you know that there is A LOT of blacktop.  The girls kept busy decorating it most of the night.  It was awesome and they came up with some very creative chalk art.

We also made some chocolate chip cookies, had dinner, played Just Dance and watched Oz the Great and Powerful.  We went to bed around 10:30.  I shared a bed with Abbie and Ellie so I wouldn't exactly say that I was sleeping through the night.  It was more like a game of Tetris as I was trying to maneuver myself into different positions on the bed to get comfortable. :/

It was fun to be with Grandma and to give her some laughter and company.  A S.M.I.L.E.S. qualifying night for sure.  We definitely need to do it again.


No comments:

Post a Comment