Well, it's been a week. One week since the "poison" entered my body to kill the other "poison". I have decided that I do not really like to be the host of two poisons fighting each other. It makes for a very unpleasant experience.
I chose to name this post "The Roller coaster" because that is exactly what this week has been. Up and down and all around.
I've had good days and bad days. Yesterday (Tuesday) was a great day. I felt almost like my normal self except for the fact that I had to gulp in air when I would walk up the stairs. So what did I do? I did preschool, went to my doctor's appointment, did some major grocery shopping, tried to pick up some clutter, and basically overdid it because now I am stuck in bed, feeling lousy.
*Lesson learned.*
Just because I feel like my old self does not mean that I can do all of the things that my old self used to do. And that list of stuff was really only half of what I would do in a day- especially when I was PTA president.
I like Roller Coasters, but I think I would like to take a short turn on this one, please.
Monday was a bad day. Nausea and other problems made it so that by Monday night I was miserable, stuck in bed, unable to move. I called my sweet husband in and said, "I need a priesthood blessing now please." I had begged and pleaded and prayed as much as I could. I knew that we needed to take it up a notch.
Can I just tell you how wonderful it is to have a husband who holds the priesthood, who honors his priesthood, and who is able to bless our lives with the priesthood?
He laid his hands on my head and gave me a beautiful blessing of peace, comfort and healing. Speaking words that I know came directly from my Father in Heaven. These were not words that Mark had planned out in his head. I asked him to give me a blessing without any notice- on the spot. How do I know they were from my Father in Heaven? Because they were exactly the words I needed to hear from someone who knows me better than anyone. The feeling in my heart confirmed to me, that these words were from my Father, who loves me.
I know that it is because of this blessing that I was able to have the best night's sleep on Monday night and why I was so chipper on Tuesday. My Father gave me some rest from my burdens and I love him and appreciate him for that.
Now on to the next round of burdens, but I know I can do it if I stay close to the Spirit. He won't take every pain away from me- then I wouldn't learn compassion for others in a similar situation. But Christ understands my pain completely because He experienced the greatest pain of all- for me- for all of us.
Read about it here.
I am sorry to be so deep with this post, but I feel the need to express my spiritual journey on this blog as well as the physical one.
So I will end on a lighter note. A good friend of mine gave me a mixed CD with a bunch of great songs that are gonna help me beat this. One of the songs on there is by the great Martina McBride. Love her. I now have 2 songs from her that will help me on this journey. It is called "Ride"
I've had good days and bad days. Yesterday (Tuesday) was a great day. I felt almost like my normal self except for the fact that I had to gulp in air when I would walk up the stairs. So what did I do? I did preschool, went to my doctor's appointment, did some major grocery shopping, tried to pick up some clutter, and basically overdid it because now I am stuck in bed, feeling lousy.
*Lesson learned.*
Just because I feel like my old self does not mean that I can do all of the things that my old self used to do. And that list of stuff was really only half of what I would do in a day- especially when I was PTA president.
I like Roller Coasters, but I think I would like to take a short turn on this one, please.
Monday was a bad day. Nausea and other problems made it so that by Monday night I was miserable, stuck in bed, unable to move. I called my sweet husband in and said, "I need a priesthood blessing now please." I had begged and pleaded and prayed as much as I could. I knew that we needed to take it up a notch.
Can I just tell you how wonderful it is to have a husband who holds the priesthood, who honors his priesthood, and who is able to bless our lives with the priesthood?
He laid his hands on my head and gave me a beautiful blessing of peace, comfort and healing. Speaking words that I know came directly from my Father in Heaven. These were not words that Mark had planned out in his head. I asked him to give me a blessing without any notice- on the spot. How do I know they were from my Father in Heaven? Because they were exactly the words I needed to hear from someone who knows me better than anyone. The feeling in my heart confirmed to me, that these words were from my Father, who loves me.
I know that it is because of this blessing that I was able to have the best night's sleep on Monday night and why I was so chipper on Tuesday. My Father gave me some rest from my burdens and I love him and appreciate him for that.
Now on to the next round of burdens, but I know I can do it if I stay close to the Spirit. He won't take every pain away from me- then I wouldn't learn compassion for others in a similar situation. But Christ understands my pain completely because He experienced the greatest pain of all- for me- for all of us.
Read about it here.
I am sorry to be so deep with this post, but I feel the need to express my spiritual journey on this blog as well as the physical one.
So I will end on a lighter note. A good friend of mine gave me a mixed CD with a bunch of great songs that are gonna help me beat this. One of the songs on there is by the great Martina McBride. Love her. I now have 2 songs from her that will help me on this journey. It is called "Ride"
you're fab. how wonderful that we have the priesthood to bless us when we need it most.
ReplyDeleteSo sorry you are going through this but I do love hearing about it. My girls can't talk and this helps me know what they go through. By the way, we try to refer to one of the poisons as "elixer from heaven". It seems to help us remember that it's on the good side. :) Our prayers are with you...
ReplyDeleteI think my eyes get all teary every time I read about your ordeal. Not because I'm crying from sadness (though my heart does ache for all that you have to go through), but because the strength of your testimony is so evident and so touching each time you write about it. You are truly inspiring. *Hugs*
ReplyDeleteI'm so sorry you had a bad one yesterday. I hope today will be better :)
ReplyDeleteHopefully your roller coaster ride can be more uphills and gentle. I sure look up to you and admire your attitude and testimony! Our prayers are with you.
ReplyDeleteDes, I have just had you on my mind non-stop. I really would love to see you and bring you lunch or something.(if you are up to eating). I would love to visit and just be around you. You are such a good friend. Let me know what you think!
ReplyDelete