Wednesday, October 6, 2010

A great day for some eternal perspective...

On Friday, October 1, 2010 we had the amazing opportunity to attend the temple with my Grandma H. who was going through for the first time. She is 82 years old.


We went through to the Oquirrh Mountain Temple. It was the first time I have done a session there. We went to the Open House before it was dedicated, but to attend a session there- awesome. It is beautiful.


Here is my beautiful Grandma with my sister, Brittany and my mom. It was a long afternoon for her but she was a trooper and made it through. We went through a regular endowment session and then went to a sealing room where Grandma and Grandpa were sealed together for eternity. Grandpa passed away just over a year ago. I miss him so much but not nearly as much as Grandma I'm sure. I can't describe the amazing experience I had sitting in that sealing room. I know my Grandpa was there with us and that he was so excited to finally have his work done. My dad served as a proxy for him.


Look at these cute ladies! I love the smile on Grandma's face. She really was glowing. These are two of her friends from high school- the "gang"- as she refers to them.

I love that I was able to be in the temple with my family- my sweet husband in particular. I am so thankful that we have been married in the temple and will be able to be together forever. I am so happy that my Grandma finally has this promise in her life. She will be with my Grandpa again and they will be together forever. My mom was also sealed to them. Talk about a tissue fest! My head still hurts from all the crying! But it was well worth it.


Here I am with my beautiful sisters. Unfortunately, Sharise was not able to be in the temple with us- she's still a youngun- but she gets a special wedding gift that the rest of us didn't. My grandma will be able to be there, in the temple, when she is married (in the spring, right Sharise?) :)
I know that our Father in Heaven is pleased with the choice that my Grandma has made. I know that my Grandpa has accepted this work done for him and that he is so happy right now. I know that families can be together forever when they are married in the temple by priesthood power. I know that my Savior lives and that he loves me. He gave his life so that we may all return to live with him someday. I have had the Spirit testify these things to me and I hope that the choices I make- the things I do- the way I live my life- will please my Father in Heaven and that he will continue to bless me and help me to do my best.

4 comments:

  1. Right... I have to keep telling myself that! It was hard not being in there but i cant wait for her to be in the temple when I get married!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This post made me all teary-eyed. Thanks for sharing your testimony, Des. Your grandma is so cute, and you and your husband are a great looking couple. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you brought some tears to my eyes. It was a special day one I will remember for ever I as well felt that Dad was there as well as his Aunt Nina it was amazing to be able to do her work. AMAZING day!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is a really cool thing to experience with your family. The gospel rocks and I love that we get to be with our families forever. It is the best thing ever!!!

    ReplyDelete