Saturday, August 14, 2010

A little bit of craftiness...

So this summer has been one of completing projects. Hooray for me! I decided that instead of having 5, 6, 7, okay dozens of projects all going at the same time, I needed to focus on one at a time and finish it before moving on to the next. Here are a few that I completed...


I love the website "Make It and Love It". I have a link to it on the left side of my blog. I love it and hate it because it gives me more projects because everything is so cute! She does a series on there called "Re-Purposing". I have been wanting to try some of them for a long time. So here are some of my creations! Abbie's dress is made of an old t-shirt that was stained on the bottom and some fabric I had collecting dust down in my craft room.

Too cute...
Ellie's dress was also made from an old, stained t-shirt and fabric I had leftover from the curtains in one of my basement bedrooms.

Super cute...
I think the dresses are cute, but the girls wearing them are fantastically cute! (Is that a word? I don't know, but it should be.)


A view of the back...
I also made one for Emma but haven't gotten her picture in it yet. She had her tonsils out earlier this week and is still recovering- not ready to be all cutesie and smile yet.


And ta da!! This next project has got to be the one I am the most excited about. It took me 2 years to complete from the idea in my head to the actual hanging on the wall, but it was so worth it. Many, many hours of stitching while watching TV. (Because you know, I can't just sit and watch TV- that would be wasting time. I have to be productive.)

My quilt of The Family: A Proclamation

I am really happy with how it turned out. It makes me smile every time I walk by it. :)


I love being able to use the talents that my Father in Heaven has blessed me with to make our home a place of peace- a place where my kids can have their testimonies strengthened- a place that makes us happy.


8 comments:

  1. that wall looks great. I really like how the quilt turned out as well as I said before I wish I had a wall to hang it on and I would attempt it. The dresses are adoriable.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your dresses turned out way better than the one I made Carly. I guess you do have more sewing experience than what I do! I have a TON more blogs with TONS more ideas if you want ant them!! And, I Love love love that quilt. I think you should make me one!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Seriously so cute. Can you make them in my size?? I am excited to see that little girl!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Des, I love love love the proclamation. It turned out so nice. As for the dresses, you rock!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You never stop amazing me! Congratulations on finishing that quilt - what an accomplishment! And those dresses are adorable

    ReplyDelete
  6. Good job Desirae that is fun that you have found something you like to do. I personally like sitting my butt in front of the TV. Just kidding. I have 5 children to take care of and that doesn't happen until 9:00 at night and I would rather sleep. I love it. You did a great job.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Every time I see a picture of Ellie I see Mark. She looks so much like him, I think! Who knew that Mark could be such a cute girl?!

    ReplyDelete