Monday, August 9, 2010

Heber Valley Girls Camp

How Great Thou Art. . .
4 words that come to mind every time I have the opportunity to leave my crazy world behind and step into a world of peace and beauty. Our world is amazing and we are so lucky to live so close to so many of our Father's amazing creations. The Heber Valley Girls Camp is one of those amazing places...


Mark's parents are serving a mission there and we were able to go up and spend this past weekend there. We arrived on Friday and were able to do some of the challenge courses like a zip-line that you have to climb up a telephone pole and walk across a tight rope before you can go down the zip-line. Scary and exhilarating at the same time. On Saturday we started the day at the lake and went canoeing. Then we played a little volleyball, had lunch, and went on my favorite challenge course, the swing. After the swing, we headed back to the lake for some more volleyball and then had dinner. I was completely exhausted, and maybe should not beat myself up so badly when we play volleyball. But I just cannot allow myself to let a ball drop to the ground if I can possibly reach it. :) It's all about the sacrifices in life, right?

Here are some of my favorite people in this world- Mark's family. We always have such a good time together which is really amazing considering how many people we have and how many different personalities there are. I love that I feel like I have known them forever, even though I have only known them for 13 years. We have really missed Grandma and Grandpa this summer as they have been serving this mission, but I am so thankful for the amazing examples they are to me and so many other people. I am so blessed to have such wonderful in-laws. Here is a little video of some of the fun things we did...

3 comments:

  1. What a fun time for the family. That looks like a great mission! Maybe Kirk and I should put in for it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That looks amazing! This is where my sister-in-law and her young women went to girls' camp! She said it was awesome. :)

    ReplyDelete