Emma competed in Oktoberfest '09 this weekend and did a fantastic job!
She took 4th place with her program to "A Whole New World" and 1st place with her "Happy Working Song" Showcase program. In both programs she was competing against girls who were 3-5 grades older than her. She was a cute little peanut out there on the ice and we are so proud of her! We bumped her up two levels for this competition so she did very well considering she had to do more jumps and spins. (I would tell you what those are, but I am clueless when it comes to the technical terms. She could tell you though. :)
My heart sank in her "Happy Working Song" program because her rag fell out of her bucket and she didn't know it until she went to grab it out of her bucket and it wasn't there. She had a little moment of confusion and then she regained her composure and went to the exact part of her program that she was supposed to be at and finished on time. We didn't really discuss what to do in case of a "prop malfunction."
She's such a hard worker and has made so much progress in the last year of skating.
Good job, Emma! We are so proud of you!
Yay! She is really good! I wish I could be there to cheer her on. Give her big hugs from me!
ReplyDeleteDitto Danette I wanted to be there maybe next time. You did awesome Emma. I love that trophy.
ReplyDeleteGreat Job Emma! Loved her hair, it looked so pretty! It is getting so LONG!
ReplyDeletewhat a cutie, a very girly girl. I hope that Grace wants to be into dance, or skating etc. instead of soccer like all her brothers! okay she can do a little soccer if she wants (but I secretly hope she doesn't). We just closed on our house so we'll have to get together soon!
ReplyDeleteSO CUTE! Congrats Emma! Nice job.
ReplyDelete