
What a fun & crazy weekend we had! Boy am I glad it's over. We started it off with the school carnival on Friday night. Thanks to a whole bunch of volunteers, everything went off without a hitch. Okay, just one hitch. We ran out of drinks even though we thought we were going to have way too many. Other than that, I think everything went well. I haven't heard any complaints so far. But there was no rest for the weary in this house because Saturday morning started bright and early with the girls ice skating lessons, which I almost forgot. Abbie reminded me at 8:10 and we were supposed to be to the rink at 8:15. We got dressed at the speed of lightning. Then it was back home to finish up a few things and head off to the Stake Fair. I think we've all had our fair share of cotton candy & snow cones this weekend. But you know what? I could still eat more. I love that stuff. Anyway, after the fair I had to scramble to put some last minute things together for a dinner that I was in charge of at the ice rink. (Do ya think I need to learn how to say no?) Emma is in the ice club at our local rink and somehow I ended up being in charge of the opening social. When I signed up, I thought I would be in charge of the spring social which I figured I could handle. Little did I know that it would actually be the opening social which would end up being the same weekend as carnival. But that went well too, even though when I went to pick up the food for Panda Express, they had no idea what I was talking about. It's never a good sign when you go to pick up food that you had ordered 2 days before and they look at you with a blank stare. (What? An order for 70 people? We had no idea! Oh, you mean this order form buried in the papers over here! We'll get right on that!)
So now, here I am, ready to collapse. But oh wait! Someone will have to teach my primary class tomorrow. I guess sleep will have to wait for another half hour or so. . .
So now, here I am, ready to collapse. But oh wait! Someone will have to teach my primary class tomorrow. I guess sleep will have to wait for another half hour or so. . .
You are one busy lady! Sounds like lots of fun and good food. Now take a nice nap after church and have cereal for dinner! Or let your hubby cook and clean up after. :-)
ReplyDeleteRepeat after me......."No"!! You are one crazy woman!
ReplyDeleteGlad it all worked out your body doesnt run on sleep anyway it just runs on doing more and more. So who needs sleep. :)
ReplyDeleteWOW! That's all I have to say :-)
ReplyDeleteI look back and remember being ridiculously crazy busy. I was nuts then - and so are you! I bet you did a great job with everything :)
ReplyDeleteThe fair was a lot of fun and thanks for inviting me over to help with membership stuff- I need to get out of the house and it was fun to talk to you!
ReplyDelete