Friday, July 24, 2009

Better Late than Never

Dawnett, Karee, Mara, and Me

So I checked out Dawnett's blog yesterday and she beat me to the punch! I almost forgot about these pictures! When we went to St. George in June I had a little get together with some of my Leeds friends. It was so much fun! We haven't all been together for over 12 years. Mara made the comment that the last time we were all together, we had no thoughts of kids or marriage or anything like that and now here we are with 10+ kids between us. And now I hear that Mara is officially a grandma! Weird! (She has some older stepchildren for those of you who are a little confused) Anyway, we had a great time and I can't wait to get together again. We won't wait another 12 years this time.

Also, I thought it would be fun to post a picture of us "way back when". This was a Senior Ball dance I think. Almost everyone in this picture lived in Leeds. I have lots of fun memories with this great bunch of people. I know that when I was about 14 or so, I hated living in Leeds. But now looking back, I realize how lucky I was to live in a small town. We did a lot of exploring, had town parties, played night games, and so many other fun things that probably would not have happened if we had lived anywhere else. It has been fun to find some of these guys on Facebook and catch up with them. We've got to work on getting more of them on there, Dawnett. . .
(Gotta love all those cute dresses :D)



1 comment:

  1. That is so funny that you put this picture on your blog, I was thinking about doing the same thing...putting old pictures of all of us on mine!(Great minds must think a like) I am right there with you on that when my parents moved us to Leeds when I was 14, I thought the world had ended! But I am so grateful now just like you, to have been able to grow up in a small town that we had to make our own fun!! And boy did we ever!!!lol Thanks so being such a great friend all through the years!!!

    ReplyDelete