Pioneer day was a lot of fun this year. We didn't have big plans, but we still managed to wear ourselves out. We started out the day at one of our favorite parks. The kids had fun and I even joined in on some of the playground equipment. I beat Josh to the top of the rock climbing wall. He was not happy. After playing for a while we stopped at Sonic for some slushies and went home to start our dinner prep. The kids played around on our water slide while I got things ready for dutch oven cookin'. My parents and Dan & Chantelle joined us for dinner. We made homemade rootbeer and ice cream and had a yummy dinner (even though the potatoes were a little crunchy). I don't profess to be a dutch oven wizard and it shows. The kids and I had picked out a few fireworks at the grocery store and after dinner & dessert, we picked out our spots for perhaps the greatest fireworks show ever. They were the best $7 fireworks I've ever seen! :) Ellie loved throwing the little snaps on the ground. She thought that was just about the greatest thing ever.
We had a great day. It was fun to watch the Days of '47 Parade and talk with the kids about the pioneers. Josh can't wait until he is old enough to participate in a Pioneer Trek with our Stake. I just hope he keeps that enthusiasm so that when the time does come, he still wants to go.
Glad you had a good Days of 47. It was fun to spend time with you guys this week!
ReplyDelete