

Well, it's been a few months since Abbie and Emma have actually had a bed. We sold the bunk beds because frankly, I was sick of looking at them. They were hand-me-downs from a neighbor and I was never in love with them. We've been doing the bedroom shuffle for a few months trying to find the best sleeping arrangements for the three girls and it's come down to Abbie does really well in a room by herself, but Ellie is still a little too young to share a room. She just wakes Emma up. So I found the cutest bed for Emma and Abbie. It's hard to tell in the picture, but it is a trundle bed with storage drawers under the trundle. So Abbie is very excited that she gets to sleep in the "secret bed". It's secret becuase in the morning we just push her bed back underneath Emma's. And another bonus is, there is only one bed to be made in the morning! After I took the crib apart for the 999th time (it feels like it anyway between all four kids and moving and everything), there was no way I was putting it back together again for only a few months. I usually bring out the toddler bed when the kids turn 2 and Ellie is almost there, so we found the perfect bed for her. Now she gets to sleep with Dora every night. She was so cute when we got it all put together. She had to bring out all of her stuffed animals and blankets and arrange everything on the bed. Now putting her to bed last night was a different story. She cried and cried so I finally went and sat with her until she was almost asleep. She did stay in there all night long though, so that was good. Naptime today was a little bit of a struggle. I had to put her back in bed 3 times, but she finally fell asleep. Let's hope it continues!
Fun stuff! I saw that Dora bed after we bought one for Carly but then I thought that Sam might not appreciate a dora bed as a hand-me-down.
ReplyDeletefunny danette! I have been thinking of putting Raylie in a big bed, but I think I will hold out a little bit longer!
ReplyDeleteWere's the picture of Abbies cute hair-do?
I haven't actually fixed it cute yet. So probably on Sunday when I have to do her hair, I will take a picture
ReplyDeleteThe beds looks very fun. I always loved having a trundle, even thought I didn't have a sister to share it with.
ReplyDeleteIt is past Sunday did you get a pic of Abbies hair so we can see it.
ReplyDelete