Emma had a busy month of August. First, she attended a session at the BYU Summer Volleyball Camp. She went last year with her friend, and she couldn't wait to go back this year.
She made some great progress as a libero and met some new friends.
National Showcase Championship
This is something that Emma has worked on all year to qualify for. Turns out, it happened to be the same weekend we needed to be in St. George for Josh's final Lyceum Concert. Of course! I hate scheduling conflicts!
Fortunately, we were able to send her to California in the hands of her coach and some other skaters and their moms. I was so sad that I could not be there to see her compete. It was one of those "I wish I could clone myself" times.
Even though she did not skate as well as she would have liked to, she still had an amazing time with her skating friends. She skated to "Alive" by Lady Gaga. Unfortunately, because I was not there, I don't have a video to post.
And, of course, she had a fresh bag of Takis waiting for her when she finally returned home after a nightmare day and a half in the airport.
(Long story short, their flight was cancelled due to weather, so they had to spend an extra night there. The next day, the flight was delayed due to weather. She just wanted to come home!)
Random Pics
Emma found herself in an issue of The Murray Journal. That's her crouching in the back row playing libero for the high school team. Go Emma!
Here she is showing off her incredibly good looks, gorgeous smile, silliness, and Taki-covered fingers. Yikes. If her fingers look like that, what does the inside of her body look like? I don't want to know...




No comments:
Post a Comment