Mom
Two great things happened in August for me...
1.) My book went on sale at another local store. Meyer's Pharmacy in Sugarhouse now sells both my book and my journals.
This is Megan and I when we were in first grade. Aren't we cute! We were in Kindergarten and 1st grade together and then I moved to Leeds. We were pen pals for a long time, finally tapering off in our latter high school years. Then we lost touch.
I have thought about Megan off and on for all these years--wondering where she is, how she is--stuff like that. But I have never really put forth much effort to locate her. Well, one day I just decided that I was going to type her name into Facebook to see if she was on there. I did not have high hopes because her name is not really unique and I was guessing there were probably hundreds of people on Facebook with her name.
Fortunately, the stars all aligned that day and she was the first person who popped up in my search results. I could not believe it! It truly was a miracle. I immediately sent her a message, telling her who I was and asking if she remembered me. Again, I did not have high hopes because it didn't appear that she was very active on Facebook.
Low and behold, I got a message back! And yes, she did remember me and was thrilled to be back in touch! It seriously was one of the greatest moments of my life. It just goes to show how incredibly blessed we are to have good people in our lives. Those people touch our hearts and never go away.
Megan and I got together for brunch. She met my kids and I met hers and we talked for hours. It was like no time had passed, and really, we had not spent much time together since 1st grade. I call that, soul friends. Friends before we came to this life for sure.
Mark
Mark had to take a work trip to San Fransisco. While he was there, he was able to take in a Giants game. I wish I could have gone with him, but he still managed to have fun without me. Lol.




No comments:
Post a Comment