Once again I have fallen way behind in updating this blog. As in, I am nearly four months behind. So now I am going to have to try and remember things.
So here goes nothing...
We decided to try a different softball league that had a fall option. Abbie had a lot of fun and got to know some new girls, but the games were C-O-L-D. I'm not sure if we will stick with this league when the spring comes, go back to Murray, or if Abbie will choose to not even play softball. We shall see. I hate to see her stop because she is a good softball player. It's just been hard to find a well-organized league.
It's never good when you see the elementary's school number on your caller ID around 10:30 in the morning (recess time). Especially when you are teaching preschool and cannot rush to pick your injured child up. It's a good thing that dad works from home so he could be the hero in this situation!
Just like her older sister, Emma, little Miss Ellie took a tumble off the bars on the school playground. Both the radius and the ulna were affected so on went the cast for six weeks.
She was a trooper though! She hardly cried at all during the whole process.
I had the opportunity to be a volunteer for Ellie's field trip to the Utah Daughters of the Pioneers Museum and This is the Place Park. I had never been to the museum before and found it fascinating. I definitely want to go back so I can explore it some more.
The kids also had fun at This is the Place even though it was a little bit of a chilly day. They got to go on a mini handcart trek and Ellie pulled her little heart out, even with a bright green cast on her arm. (Something tells me that the pioneers did not have bright green casts.) All in all, it was a super fun day and I am thankful that I took the time to go with her.
During Red Ribbon Week, the school had a crazy hair day. I asked Ellie what she wanted to do and she said, "I want to be Judy Hopps" (from the movie, Zootopia.)
Okay. Now I have exactly 2 hours to figure out how to make your hair look like rabbit ears.
I think I improvised very well, don't you?
Sadly after a little bit of playing at school, Ms. Hopps had to remove all of the hardware on her head, but at least it lasted long enough for a cute picture and for her teacher and friends to see our creativity.
Emma finished up her first volleyball season with Murray High School. Mark and I have had so much fun attending her games. We are so proud of our little libero! She played on the Sophomore and JV teams and is only a Freshman. It was great to see her progress and I am looking forward to watching another season next fall.
Josh also had a busy October. He is involved in so many things that it is hard to keep track of him these days. But, I am glad that he is involved in different things and enjoying his senior year of high school.
He had a school choir concert...
in which he accompanied the Men's Choir. It is fun to watch him play the piano.
He also had a school orchestra concert. I think he was dressed as a hipster...:)
I will save the Halloween fun that we had in October for the next post.






No comments:
Post a Comment