Sunday, October 2, 2016

Hiking to the "Y"

Do you want to know what Mark and I like to do for fun?

Torture our children...especially Ellie.  :)

A few months ago, we looked at the calendar and decided that we were going to take the afternoon of the 30th and go hiking because all of the older kids were out of school.  We had decided to hike Mt. Timpanogos and go through the cave at the top, but I failed to get tickets so we had to scratch that plan.

Plan B was hiking to the "Y" down in BYU territory.  Mark went there, but has never hiked up to the "Y" and I have never done the hike and our kids have never hiked it so...there you go.  Perfect solution.

Well.  It was a little steeper than we anticipated, which was fine for most of us (although I did feel like my lungs were going to burst, but no big deal.)  But my dear little Ellie and her short little legs...well, a picture is worth a thousand words, right?


By turn #5, she was completely done, ready to die, and probably cursing me in her sweet little head.  But by the time we made it to the "Y", she decided that the view was worth the pain.

And she was right.  The view was amazing and totally worth any amount of burst lungs and jell-o legs.


No comments:

Post a Comment