Sunday, August 14, 2016

Floating Away


Back in October, I was asked to help with our Stake's float for the Days of '47 Parade.  I have to admit, I was not happy about helping.  I complained.  I was grumpy.  And then the Lord chastised me and I was humbled.  Then I grumbled a little more and was grumpy a little more and then we started working on the float and I have to admit, I found myself liking it more than I thought I would.

And I am so proud of what we accomplished.


The group of us started out not knowing a single thing about float construction and then we ended up creating this beautiful creation.  It did not win any awards, but we completed it.  It was adorable and we had fun doing it.  I call that a huge success.

We even made it in the newspaper...:)
It was fun while it lasted, but not one of us on the committee is sad that it is over.
And now we can all say that we have built a float.

No comments:

Post a Comment