Whew! Was that a whole month that just flew by?
The only month crazier than the month of December is the month of May. Between birthdays and end of the school year recitals and concerts, our month was jam packed with lots of happy times.
The first thing we got to celebrate was Mark turning 40! The big 4-0.
As you can see, he was very excited about it...
Because I am a lover of surprises, I decided to throw a little family half-surprise party for him. I called up his parents and siblings and asked them to come over for cake and ice cream. Since Mark's birthday was on a Sunday, it was easy for us to get some decorations up because he had meetings.
He thought the decorations were just for our family, but, surprise! When the doorbell rang around 6 pm and his family stared pouring in, he knew that they were for more than just us. It was fun to surprise him.
On Saturday we splurged and went out twice.
Mark and I went to breakfast at the Original Pancake house and I had this amazing, delicious, manna from heaven dish. It was an oven-baked apple puff pancake with a cinnamon sauce that was unlike anything I have ever put into my mouth. I want another one right now. 

That night we took the whole family to Leatherby's for our traditional ice cream for dinner meal. Okay, so Mark and I ingested a ton of sugar and carbs that day, but it was his 40th birthday after all. Definitely time to celebrate.
Next up was Josh's final Utah Youth Philharmonic concert. The kids did an amazing job! They debuted a hands free piece which was really incredible. I'm so proud of this kid! He just keeps doing amazing things. :)
This is what happens when kids take selfies on Mom's phone...
they get posted on the Internet.
To be fair, I guess I have to post mine as well. :)
Mother's Day 2016
We started the day off right with some yummy butterscotch monkey bread rolls. Can you say, "We are addicted to sugar?" Yep. It's true. We really love sugar around here.

I got this special picture with my cute kiddos and I love it. They are all so grown up and wonderful. I really am such a lucky mom. They made sure that I was having a good Mother's day by cleaning up after themselves the whole day. It was so wonderful.
Love these crazy kiddos of mine.
Once again, we are performing the "Great Bedroom Switch-Up." Life just wouldn't be life without us switching bedrooms every 6 months to a year.
This time we are moving two girls downstairs (Abbie and Ellie) and one girl up (Emma). So far it has worked out nicely. We are still planning on re-painting the rooms, but that will have to wait until the end of the summer.
Josh auditioned for the Madrigal choir and he made it! He is going to be a part of the Madrigal choir at Murray High School next year. He is very excited and I am looking forward to hearing them sing. They are a really great choir with an awesome teacher to help them along.
This beautiful little lady passed another ice skating test and she couldn't have been more happy about it. It was her Senior Moves in the Field test which means that she never has to take another Moves in the Field test again! Great job Emma!!
Bailey is still as cute as ever and she loves it when she gets to sneak a few moments on someone's bed. I know that poor Mei Mei is rolling over in her grave because she was never allowed on anything. But, she also weighed twice as much as Bailey so she never would have been able to get up on the furniture anyway...
At the beginning of the month we decided that we were going to be builders. The girls have been dying for a playhouse for years. They would actually love a treehouse, but none of our trees are big enough. We found some plans online and set to work.
We got two holes dug, filled them with gravel and set the cinderblocks in place. Then we ran out of gravel. Oops. My bad. Miscalculation. Well then those two holes sat for the whole month with no hope of having two other holes join them. So now we are on to Plan B.
We have ordered a shed to be built. It will be done at the end of July.
Chip and Joanna Gaines we are not....
A few other things to mention that I don't have pictures of but want to remember...
1. Next year will be a very busy year for our Senior. Josh will be taking 4 AP classes, he is the MOS (Men of Sparta Club) treasurer, the National Honor Society President, he is also on the Seminary Council and will still be a member of the Utah Youth Philharmonic. As I mentioned above he is in Madrigals which will keep him busy, plus he is volunteering at the Children's Hospital once a week and working 10-15 hours a week. Not sure how he is going to fit in sleeping, eating, and family time in that schedule, but he will figure it out.
2. Abbie finished her softball season and we are trying to figure out what the next step with softball will be. We are not happy with the league we were in this year so we have some research to do to see where we are going to go for next season. She got a new violin at the end of April and has loved making beautiful music on it. She is improving every day. She has been able to do some fun things with her friends from the elementary school. Today we met them at the water park and joined in on their field trip fun.
3. Abbie and Ellie are D-O-N-E with online schooling and they are extremely happy about it. :) They are both looking forward to resuming traditional school next year and I am looking forward to my next adventure of going back to school. (Exciting and scary all at the same time.)










No comments:
Post a Comment