Saturday, April 30, 2016

My Blue Eyed Skater Girl Turns 14

Wow.
14.
Really?

I cannot believe it.
But, if I have to have a 14-year old girl, then this is the one that I want.
She is simply amazing.
And cute.
And funny.
And awesome.
You get the picture...
Emma now has 2 animal onesies for our enjoyment.
She also goes by two hashtags on Instagram.
There is the #blueeyedbovine for those days when she is feeling cow-ish.
And now we have #purdypachyderm for the days in which she is feeling more like an elephant.
(My favorite part about the above picture is her new Converse.  Every elephant needs a good pair of Converse to protect those feet.)

We had a great day celebrating this beautiful young woman.  She got spoiled with attention, clothes, and makeup brushes.  Yep, she's a 14-year old girl for sure.

Oh, and there is one more thing that she got spoiled with.
Possibly the grossest kind of chip out there...Taki's 
She loves these things.  Why?  I have no idea, but she does.  She even took a nap with them all over her bed.  Did I mention she is a little weird? :)

Emma has been blessed with an outstanding group of friends and one of those cute friends, her bestie Jennavry, made these shirts for them to wear to school.
Yep, they are 14-year old girls.
And I love them.  Especially the one wearing the Robin shirt. :)

Happy Birthday my cute Emma Lemma Ding Dong!

Here are some fun facts about Emma...

*She is still ice skating and has only one more moves test to complete.  She wanted to get all of that testing done before she turned 15 and I think she is going to achieve that goal!

*As mentioned above, she LOVES Taki's.
She also loves lasagna and twice-baked potatoes and bagels.

*Emma loves to be with her friends.

*She spends about 80% of her time at home in her room either sleeping, listening to an audiobook, or crocheting.  Mostly sleeping though.  

*She still LOVES elephants...a lot.

*If she could spend all day, every day in sweats or one of her animal onesies, she would.

*She has such a tender heart and is always concerned about making sure that no one feels left out.

*She is doing amazing things in school.  Straight A's.  Will not accept anything less.  (She gets that from her father.)

*She LOVES anything to do with The Hunger Games or the Divergent Series.

*She recently finished reading the Book of Mormon.

I love my first princess girl a lot.
I am so grateful to have her kind and loving spirit in our home and cannot wait to see what this year brings in her life.


This is a very short video that Abbie put together.  It makes me laugh.  I hope you especially enjoy the birthday girl singing Happy Birthday to herself at the beginning of the video.

No comments:

Post a Comment