Sunday, January 3, 2016

December Happenings...

I was going to post all of December in one, giant post, but I decided that I needed to break it up a bit.  So this post will include everything but Ellie's Birthday, Christmas and New Year's.


Let's start out with a little creativity on Abbie's part.  Her first doll, Paige, is not a real American girl doll, so she has some issues.  One of which is a head that is not so stable anymore.  Abbie decided that she needed to make her a neck brace so that her head will not fall off, which meant that before she could get a neck brace, she would need neck surgery.  Not to worry though, Dr. Abbie is a skilled surgeon with a very loving bedside manner so Paige was in good hands. :)

Miss Bailey decided that she liked my warm just-out-of-the-dryer-freshly-washed blanket so she moved right in.  I guess it's not so freshly washed anymore...

Miss Abbie had her second orchestra concert and they did really well.

Josh had his 2nd annual White Elephant Gift Exchange party.
From the looks on their faces, I would say it was a success.
The night ended on sort of a sour note when Josh's friend had a small car accident, but fortunately he wasn't hurt to badly and we were able to be right there to help him.

The girls and I decided to take advantage of the freshly fallen snow and spend an afternoon on the sledding hill.  Once again, it is moments like this that makes homeschooling worth it.  It was so nice to just have my two girls, my niece, Penny, and a couple of other homeschooled friends.  It was the perfect way to spend a bright winter afternoon.


And way back at the beginning of December, not long after our Thanksgiving dinners had finished digesting, we set to work putting up our Christmas tree.
It always gets a bit crazy, but somehow we manage to get it together, make all of the lights sparkle, and the end result is a perfectly perfect family Christmas tree.


No comments:

Post a Comment