Sunday, November 8, 2015

Labor Day 2015

It has been a very long time since I posted anything on this blog.  I have been using every spare moment to work on finishing up my book, so other things have had to move way down to the bottom of the list.  I hate that I have gotten so behind because this blog really is the only form of scrapbooking that I do these days, but it is what it is.  I am just grateful that I am only a little over a month behind...

So, Labor Day.  Let's see if I can remember any details, shall we?
 The Saturday before Labor Day, we spent some time with Mark's family.  Ben and Marie (our nephew and his lovely wife) kindly invited the family to spend the day at their place.  We went there last year for Labor Day and everyone had a blast.  This year, was much of the same, except we added a little volleyball into the mix, which I was TOTALLY okay with.  (I love volleyball.)

The kids had fun playing on the pond with the paddle boards and kayaks.  They also loved when it was time to ride the horses.  It was a very fun day and we send a big THANK YOU to Ben and Marie for hosting another great Labor Day party.  :)

On Monday, we decided to do a little hiking and try our hand at geo-caching.
We got the geo-caching app and settled on a location.  We had never done the Ensign Peak hike, so that is where we determined to go.  It was a bit more challenging then we expected, especially for the two members of our family who "hate hiking!"  Someday they will come around...maybe.  In the meantime, we are just going to keep finding hikes to go on to torture them.  Lol.

It was a beautiful day and the view from the top of Ensign Peak was incredible.  We tried our best to find the geo-caching items, but failed miserably.  So, geo-caching is probably not going to be our family's greatest past time, and that's okay.  The good thing is, we tried something new and we (mostly) had fun doing it.

After the torturous hike, we headed back to the car and tried to decide what to do next.  Sometimes we are not very good at just "flying by the seat of our pants."  Too many different opinions.  We finally settled on stopping somewhere to get ice cream.  Unfortunately, when we got to the ice cream place, we discovered that they had just closed because of the holiday.  So, it was on to plan B...a little more discussion and we ended up at a grocery store.  This way everyone got the exact treat that they wanted.  I call that the perfect end to a great family day. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment