Sunday, November 8, 2015

Homecoming 2015

Wait.
So you mean to tell me that I actually have a child who is old enough to attend a high school dance?
Wasn't it just a few years ago that I was at my own high school homecoming dances?

Ok, you twisted my arm.  I will show you some pictures. :)
 1995- my Senior Year
Date:  Jared Barnes
Theme:  Kiss from a Rose
Face:  Too much base.  Does not match neck skin color.  (Yikes.)


1994- my Junior Year
Date:  Mike Peine
Theme:  Just for a Moment
(Mike and I are the short ones in the back row...)

Okay.  Enough about me.  On to my handsome son.
Funny story.
When I posted the picture of Josh and I, some people though that he had taken me to the dance.
Although I would have been a phenomenal Homecoming date, I think the girl that he actually went with was a much better choice.
Cute Deshaun looked SO beautiful!!  She is a sweetheart and she and Josh have been friends forever.  I love that they went together and had a great day.

I cannot wrap my head around the fact that I have a junior in high school.  
I am so proud of him.
He is such a great kid and I pinch myself all the time, so grateful that I have such an amazing young man to call my son.
I am looking forward to many more dance pictures of him.

Here's another funny story...He got asked to Fall Ball the very next week, about two months before the actual dance.  I had to laugh because I was that girl...the one that everyone despised because a few days after my 1995 Homecoming dance I asked a boy to the Sadie Hawkin's dance because I wanted to make sure that I was the first girl to ask him.
Lol.  When the guy is cute, you gotta do, what you gotta do. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment