We have been having another wide and wacky, crazy busy summer. I don't know why I always think that summer is going to be slow and lazy. Hahaha. I don't think anything in my life is ever slow and lazy. *Sigh* Oh well. At least we are having fun being busy and crazy.
Back in June, Emma participated in an art show. My sweet friend, Taralynn, has been having Emma and a group of her friends over for an art day once a month for the past year. They have been busy making all sorts of projects and now it was time to show them off. Emma's theme? What else? Elephants. :)
The kids did an amazing job. It was so fun to walk around and see all of the creativity and talent. Thanks Taralynn for being so kind and wonderful!
One of the fun things we have done this summer is spend some time at Lagoon. The kids and I bought season passes and we have tried to put them to good use. Mark is not a huge fan of Lagoon, but we will be dragging him there this weekend. ;)
It has been a lot of fun and I am glad that we made the purchases. The kids have been saving their money all year so that they could buy their own passes. I am proud of them for being super savers. :)
One day my grandma said, "Let's go to the aquarium." So we did. We haven't been since they opened the new one so I figured it was about time we checked it out. The kids had fun with a couple of their cousins. We even got to see a baby penguin hatching.
Last but not least (for this post anyway) is that this little lady has discovered a new love. Guitar. She has been taking piano lessons and is moving along well with those, but she has really wanted to play the guitar for a while now. So, what did we do? We talked to our favorite rock star, Ms. Dansie, and she is showing Ellie what it takes to rock out on the guitar.
We even found the cutest, sparkly, teal guitar for her to learn on. She looks like a rock star already.




No comments:
Post a Comment