On Saturday, June 27, 2015, we said our final goodbyes to my sweet Grandma. It was heart-wrenching and joyous at the same time. She looked so peaceful and happy. I know that it was only a shell- that the real her- which is her spirit, is happy and free from pain and sorrow.
But to see her looking so radiant was very comforting for me.
She lived a full and rich life. It has been so fun to look through all of the pictures, yearbooks, clothes, jewelry and so much more. She accomplished so much in her lifetime. I am so proud to call her my grandma and friend.
The girls made some cards to slip in with Grandma. Emma crocheted a heart.
It was wonderful to be surrounded by so much love.
It was a super hot day and we were all pretty much melting at the cemetery, but the flowers were beautiful and so was the day.
After the cemetery, we went back to the building where Grandma attends church every Sunday. The Relief Society sisters in her ward put together a wonderful lunch. We are so grateful for their service. It gave us a place to get out of the heat, to eat and to visit. (And in some of the family members cases, a place to play on their devices...;)
I love my family.
Immediate and extended.
Family is where it's at.
Nothing can take it's place.
I am so grateful, especially in these sorrowful times of saying goodbye, that I have the knowledge that there is something so much greater beyond this mortal existence. We lived with God before we came to this earth and we will live with Him again when we leave it.
Our families can be together forever when joined in the sacred walls of the holy temple.
I will see my grandma again.
She is in paradise with Grandpa and they are our guardian angels.
Love you grandma. Until we meet again in paradise....xoxo







No comments:
Post a Comment