Seven years.
For the past seven years I have had the privilege of serving on our Stake Camp Committee and planning and participating in our annual Young Women's Camp.
I love it.
I would do it every year until I die.
I count my lucky stars that the Lord still wants and needs me to attend and I hope that I was able to help the girls and/or leaders that I needed to help.
Girls Camp is an amazing, emotional, spiritual experience. There is nothing like it in the world. The property that we camp on is sacred ground and you can feel it. It is incredible.
I hope that I can continue going for many years to come, especially as my girls are now getting old enough to attend. This was Emma's second year and next year Abbie will be able to attend.
The only bad thing about serving on the Stake Committee is that I cannot be with my own ward on testimony night. The Bishopric comes up for the night and they hold a special testimony meeting for the girls so they can share their special testimonies of the Savior and this gospel. It is always a powerful experience and I am sad that I could not be with our ward this year (and the years past.) It is definitely one of those times where I wish I could be in two places at once.
However, I love being with the Stake and getting to know the YCL's (Youth Camp Leaders). They are amazing young ladies and I know that they are going to do great things in their lives.

Girls Camp especially at the Stake Property is THE best! It truly is sacred ground. I hope I can be involved somehow next year or I may just have to crash it. ha ha! :)
ReplyDelete