Ahh Camp Kesem. That wonderful, beautiful, magical place. How we love you and look forward to you every summer. It's a place where my kids can go and just be kids. They can talk to their friends about their cancer fears or they don't talk about it at all. It's totally up to them and I love that we have Camp Kesem in our lives.
I was looking forward to a few days by my lonesome. I had some big house re-organizing plans. Unfortunately some other things came up and I was not able to organize like I had dreamed of, but that's okay. I can organize another day (and I did...today.)
I missed these cute faces while they were off having the time of their lives.
Here are some of the things that they did...
We had to pick them up a little early because of our annual Pugh Family Reunion, but they were still able to cram in a lot of fun.
Thank you to all of the counselors who donate so much of their time to this wonderful organization.
We love you all and are thankful to have your friendships in our lives.
Here are some thoughts about Camp Kesem from each of the little kidlets....
*Ellie AKA "Ells"*
"It was fun! There was a lot of friends that were nice to other people. There were people that have been through what I've been through when my mom got cancer."
*Abbie AKA "Owlet"*
"It was really, really fun! Especially the shaving cream fight and I liked when we did the Battleship game. I can't wait to go back next year."
*Emma AKA "Ding Dong"*
"It was fun." (Insert lots and lots of giggling.) That's all she has to say about it this year.
*Josh AKA "Polar Bear"*
(Will fill in his comments later. He is not home while I am writing this.)




No comments:
Post a Comment