Sunday, May 3, 2015

Another Teenager in the Home, Heaven Help Us

It is hard to believe that we have another teenager in the house.  Fortunately the teenagers that we have are pretty good as far as teenagers go.  I have to pinch myself every day.  I don't know how I got so lucky to have these great kiddos.

Emma was very excited for her birthday.  I think that was due to the fact that she knew she would be getting a giant chocolate chip cookie cake.  It was what she wanted and I was happy to oblige.  That meant that there would be no cake-baking fiascos and that makes me happy. :)
 Emma and I went to the mall a week or so ago and she picked out some clothing while we were there as part of her birthday presents.  She opened a couple more which ended up being more clothes (Go figure.  You would think she is a teenage girl or something.)  She also got a new more grown up looking church bag to put her scriptures in.  :)
 We decided that it was such a nice day that we would take some sandwiches and go for a bike ride.  I just had our bikes fixed so that they would not get flat tires (best money I've ever spent.)  So we packed up the bikes, stopped at Jimmy John's for some sandwiches and hit the parkway.  It was glorious.  We loved it.
When we got home, we spent the rest of the day just lounging around.  Emma's friend, Anni, surprised her with a heart attack on our front door.  Emma has great friends and she loves spending time with them. 

I am so thankful for this beautiful little teenage girl of mine.
She is pretty amazing.

*She is still going strong with her figure skating.  Right now she is working on landing her double axel.  It's been a bit of a challenge for her, but she will not give up.  She is getting very close.

*She is very excited to be heading to Hillcrest Junior High next year.  She has really liked being home this year (and I have loved having her home as well), but she feels like the Junior High will be a better option for her.  I am excited for this new adventure for her, but I am going to miss her terribly.

*She loves anything that has to do with elephants.  (Actually "love" is not a strong enough word to describe it.)  She has elephants on almost every shirt she owns and can't pass up anything in a store if it has elephants on it.

*She is a smartie pants.  She is very focused on her grades and is very good at math.  She also loves to listen to audio books.  If I am ever wondering where she is at, I can usually walk down to her room and find her sitting on her bed, listening to a book and crocheting something fabulous.

*Did I mention she has mad crocheting skills?

She LOVES potatoes in just about any form.  She is not a huge veggie eater, but we are working on that.

*She is a very good friend and is always doing what she can to make sure that her friends are happy.

Emma is a wonderful young lady and I am excited to see what this coming year will bring to her. :)
Love you Emma Lemma Ding Dong!
Love-Mom

No comments:

Post a Comment