Wednesday, April 15, 2015

Spring Break Part 2

As I mentioned before, this should really be Spring Break Part 1, but these two fellas took over 200 pictures on the Spring Break adventure.  It's been a little bit challenging to find enough time in the day to go through them.  

Since I was not with them on the journey, it may be hard for me to describe all of the cool things that they did, so this post is really just going to be recap of what they did.  I will be asking Josh to tell me about the pictures and he is an (almost) 16-year old boy who always answers questions with a one or two word answer, so I am guessing that this won't take too much time to write.  Maybe I will be able to pull some descriptive words out of his brain, but then he would have to take a break from playing "Clash of the Clans", so ya, not gonna happen. ;)

Here are the boys getting ready to head off on their journey to Washington, D.C.
See Josh's smiling face?  I think he is still a little dazed from what went on BEFORE they got to the airport.  Here's a little video to fill you in...

It was so fun to surprise him with this trip!  He was walking around the house in a daze, not quite sure what to think.  Plus, he was texting all of his friends because they had to know the play-by-play, of course!

They arrived in DC late on a Thursday evening and immediately crashed because they had a super busy few days ahead of them...
*Library of Congress
*Kennedy Center (where they saw a performance by the National Symphony)
*The Capitol
*Good Stuff (The burger and fries.  They actually hit this place twice because it was so good.)
*Supreme Court

*More of The Capitol
*The White House (where they got into trouble for taking some pictures in a place where they shouldn't take pictures.  Oops.  Now they are fugitives...)
*Air and Space Museum (they went here with Mark's friend, Toby.  It is not the National Air and Space Museum.  It had a lot of super cool things to see though.)
*Arlington Cemetery


*Iwo Jima Memorial
*More of the Air and Space Museum (where they had one of the space shuttles on display!  I'm so jealous!)
*The Vietnam Memorial
*The Lincoln Memorial and views of the Washington Monument

*More of the Lincoln Memorial
*The Holocaust Museum
*Air and Space Museum
*The Masonic Temple
*The Korean War Memorial

*Kennedy Center
*More Air and Space
*The White House
*The Lincoln Memorial
*Washington Monument
*St. Peter's Cathedral
*The Capitol

*View from the back of the Lincoln Memorial


*View from the Kennedy Center


*Items related to 9-11 in the American History Museum


*The Lincoln Memorial


*Arlington Cemetery

*Smithsonian Museums

*The Holocaust Museum
(They both said this place was an amazing experience)


*Ford's Theater and the house where Lincoln died
(and they had to stop in at Lincoln's Waffle Shop, of course.)

*The George Washington Memorial Masonic Temple
(The Bible is Washington's Family Bible)
*LDS Washington DC temple
*Metro Selfie

They walked and walked and walked and then walked some more for 5 days straight.
All of the walking was worth it, though, because they had a great time. 
I am super sad that I couldn't be there with them, but so happy that they had this time to spend together.






No comments:

Post a Comment