What is Federation, you ask?
Well, it is an opportunity for these musical kiddos of mine to perform and receive critiques from several judges. It is not a competition, just a place for them to show off their stuff. :)
This was Abbie's first Federation. She was a little nervous, especially when her teacher, Meredith, gave her the music she was to perform. I could see the look of panic in her eyes as she looked over this violin concerto.
"You want me to play that? It has way too many notes!"
But, she did it. She didn't think she would be able to, but she did. I am so proud of her. She really worked hard.
When we arrived at the venue, there was a little bit of confusion floating around. Apparently none of the classrooms were unlocked so nothing was set up and ready for these performances. Oops. So while we waited for the rooms to get ready, Abbie gathered her wits about her and warmed up a bit.
Abbie was the first one to perform in her grouping. Talk about a little bit of anxiety for this child of mine who struggles with anxiety! Her first Federation, really her first major performance anywhere, and she has to be very first. She really stepped up to the plate on this one and performed with beauty and grace.
Unfortunately you cannot record the Federation performances, so we recorded another performance at home.
She got an "Excellent" rating from the judges. I know I already expressed this, but I am so proud of her. She has come a long way in a little over a year. She is really enjoying the violin, even though it is a struggle to practice sometimes. I love being able to play with her and I hope that we can continue this little partnership for a lot of years to come.

No comments:
Post a Comment