It has been quite some time since I have written a Thankful Thursday post on our family blog. There have been some major contributing factors to that.
1.) No time for extra fluff.
As much as I love to write and keep up my blog and website, in the grand scheme of things, they are both a bit of fluff in my life. I have been trying to balance the girls' schooling, preschool, and writing my book. Not to mention dinner, taxi service, church, and visiting with family and friends. I do preach simplify your life and that is what I have been trying to do in the midst of all of the things that are "required" for me to do at this stage in my family's life. I am not sure that too many people have noticed the lack of blog posts, other than myself. :)
2.)...
Well, I was going to write each reason individually, but I seemed to have summed it up nicely in reason #1. I am a busy mama at the moment.
I am thankful today that I have been able to (mostly) keep my wits about me as I have tried to navigate this busy time of life. There have been days....oh, have there been some days. I'm not going to lie. Those days have not been pretty.
Sometimes it is hard to follow our own advice. Like when I say, "Simplify and be grateful for every single moment?" Ya, there have been some not so simple days and some moments that I have not been grateful for. But, just like everyone else on the planet, I am just here trying to do my best.
That's all I can do.
![]() |
| photo courtesy of Heart Made Arts |
So here's to another day in paradise.
There may not be any palm trees, sandy beaches, or carefree days, but my life is a paradise because of the people that surround me and the love that I feel.
(But I would not complain if I found myself in a real paradise one of these days...)
Ahh, Hawaii. I miss you, my friend.


No comments:
Post a Comment