Birthdays are pretty much like any other day when you are an adult, other than the fact that your Facebook page explodes with notifications. :)
Thank you so much for all of the birthday wishes! It sure makes a gal feel loved.
It was a good day, although most of it was spent here....
in the old swagger wagon, hauling kids here, there, and everywhere.
No rest for the mommy, even on her birthday.
That's okay. I'm here to be a mommy, so I am happy to do the job (most days ;)
Here are some of the highlights from the day...
Abbie and Ellie gave me this beautiful bracelet. They were sneaky about it too. We went to Kmart last week and they had their money with them. When I was looking at the makeup with Emma, Abbie asked if they could go look at the jewelry because she and Ellie wanted to buy something to share between the two of them. But it wasn't something for them. They picked out this cute bracelet just for me and they thought of it all by themselves. I love that.
The yummy fruit arrangement is from my ma and pa. It was delicious! Thank you so much!
My mom needed me to go to the Sweet's factory to pick up some taffy for her and so I decided to buy myself a "little" treat. Ya. Three pounds of taffy later....:/
Mark asked me if I wanted a cake this year. I am not a huge cake fan and it is hard to want a cake for my birthday only to have another cake two days later for Miss Abbie's birthday. I told him that I wished we had a Baskin Robbin's closer to us because what would really be fun is to have an ice cream clown. (I was feeling a little bit nostalgic I guess.) Then he went off to work and I went about my running around.
When he walked in the door after work he had a huge Baskin Robbin's bag! Yay for my awesome hubby! The clowns were every bit as delicious as I remembered them and surprisingly, the first time anyone in my family has had one. What is wrong with me? I have robbed my children of one of the best parts of childhood for crying out loud!
I think they all liked them...especially Josh. Lol.
Thank you wonderful family and friends for making me feel so special!! I love you all!




No comments:
Post a Comment