Friday, February 27, 2015

February Happenings

Wow, it has been a while since I have posted.  I have been filling every spare moment that I can by working on my book.  I am happy to say that I have finished yet another revision and it is well on its way to being finished.  Yay!

I do want to post a few things before the month of February is over, since this blog is the only thing I do to scrapbook these days.  No time for traditional scrapbooking anymore unfortunately.  

We started the month with something that we have been wanting to do for a long time...
going to a Harlem Globetrotters game!
It was a lot of fun.  We had great seats and laughed ourselves silly.  There was also a lot of cotton candy and kettle corn involved.  It was a great family night and I am so glad that we finally made it to a game.

Josh had a day off of school so we decided to make it a family adventure day.  We found a great deal for one of the local tubing hills and set off for the mountains.  As we were driving and getting closer to the location we found ourselves wondering, "Are we even going to have any snow to go tubing on?"  We have had an extremely light snow year, as in there has been absolutely zero snow on the ground in the valleys since New Year's.  That is weird.  The mountains have received some snow, but definitely not their normal accumulations.
Fortunately with what has fallen from the sky naturally and what they were able to make, there was enough snow for us to have our tubing adventure.  By the time we had gone down the mountain one time, we were shedding layers.  It was a beautiful day and I loved spending it with my family.
I think Bailey was a little miffed that we did not take her with us because when we got home, she would not let us put the snow clothes away...


Valentines Day was an interesting experience this year.  Since we are having adventures in homeschooling, the girls were torn about what to do for Valentines Day.  They started talking about boxes a couple of weeks before the big day and then we had to discuss, "Who is going to fill those boxes?"  We knew there was going to be a UTVA activity that we could go to, but we were unsure if they would be able to bring boxes there.  They decided to go ahead and make them anyway and they turned out super cute.  
We didn't end up taking them into the UTVA party, but they were still able to put their candy in the boxes after the party.  Plus, they had fun making them and I love to see them use their creativity.  We also decided that we would make Valentines mean a little bit more than just candy and boxes this year.  So we decided to spend some of our Valentines Day with Grandma Holt.  We helped her vacuum, dust, and clean some things around her house.  It was a very fun day.

Other than that, we have just been up to our usual living life craziness...
 Abbie had to have two teeth pulled and she was a champion through it all.  Didn't even flinch when they filled her mouth with numbing shots.  :(  And it didn't stop her from being silly either.

 We had the opportunity through UTVA to go to see a portion of Swan Lake put on by Ballet West.  It was a fun experience, especially being in the beautiful Capitol Theater, but I am glad it was only one act.  I have to admit, I was snoozing....

 One of Ellie's fun art projects for school.

 Snuggling with cute little baby Rudy.  He belongs to my niece Natalie and her hubby, Mark.  He is adorable!!

One of the happiest moments for me personally was the fact that one of my favorite stores opened up a location close to my home.  Hooray!!!  Abbie came with me on our maiden voyage there and I just had to take a picture of her in the wanted poster they had outside.  She is a goofball.

It's hard to believe that February has come and gone.  The days fly by faster and faster and it's all I can do to just hold on tight and enjoy the journey.

No comments:

Post a Comment