Sunday, September 14, 2014

Labor Day 2014

It's a little late in coming, but we have been busy learning around here!

I wanted to document our Labor Day fun because this blog is my form of scrapbooking along with an avenue to share my thoughts and feelings.  It's part of how I am doing family history.  I wish I could do more with my family history, but there is a time and season for everything.  Right now, this blog will have to do. 

Our nephew, Ben, and his lovely wife, Marie, invited us up to their place for a day full of kayaking, horseback riding, and food!  It was such a fun day and the perfect way to end our summer.
 I was so excited to get my family into some kayaks!
I had such a fun time a year ago when I went on my First Descents trip, and I wanted my family to have a small piece of the fun.
The girls were on the pond all day long.
They bounced between a one person kayak, a two person kayak, a paddle board, and just jumping in off the diving board.
 I was surprised at how well Abbie and Ellie handled those kayaks.
They are pros!
Must be in the blood....:)
We also had a small amount of time to ride on the horses.  Mark stayed away from the horses.  After our Spring Break adventure a few years ago, horses are not his best friend.  (Read about that here.)
Abbie and Ellie LOVE horses.  I wish we had more opportunities for them to be around horses.  It's very therapeutic for both of them.  Plus, they look so adorable riding on those massive horses!

Almost all of Mark's family was able to be there.  We always have so much fun together.  
I have to thank Ben and Marie for being such great hosts and for enduring the massive amount of people at their house.  We really can't thank you guys enough!  It was a beautiful day and truly the best way to say goodbye to summer.

2 comments:

  1. Next time you guys come to St. George you should bring your girls over to ride horses. We could have a BBQ and hang out for a bit.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh my goodness...my girls would be in absolute heaven. Yes. Let's definitely plan on that.

      Delete