This past weekend, I had the opportunity to attend an Image Reborn Retreat in the beautiful mountains above Park City. I went with my friend, Jenn (you can read about her in this post)
We have been looking forward to this weekend for months now. Having already had a wonderful experience with my FD family, I knew that going to a retreat like this would be a great thing for both Jenn and I.
I love it when I am right.
This view is just one of the reasons that I came back refreshed, renewed, and rejuvenated.
How could you not after being surrounded by beauty like this?
The leaves are just starting to turn, leaving you with a scene that absolutely takes your breath away.
We arrived on Friday night and met the 5 other women who would be sharing this experience with us. Beautiful ladies. Every single one of them. Unfortunately, I do not have a picture of our whole group yet, but I will definitely share it when I do.
Jenn and I found the room we would be sharing, unloaded our stuff and then spent the night eating, visiting, laughing, and getting to know our new friends. The house we stayed in was gorgeous. These pictures just do not capture the beauty of it.
Saturday morning, we had the pleasure of having a yoga instructor come. I love yoga and have done it off and on for a while now. It was especially wonderful when I had zero stamina. I also love the way that it calms my anxiety and stress. I was very excited for this yoga session.
It was even more fun than I imagined it. The instructor was wonderful and she taught us some partner yoga poses. When we watched her demonstrate them, we were thinking, "No way." But when we gave it a shot, we were pleasantly surprised at what our tired bodies could do. It was awesome.
After yoga, we had breakfast and chatted for a bit. Then we went for a little hike. It was fun to get to know some of the ladies a bit better as we walked and the scenery was incredible.
We had a bit of lunch and then it was time for some facials.
Ladies. If you have never had a facial, I hope that someday you will have the opportunity to do so.
This is the second facial I have had, and I wish I had the money to do one every week. It...feels...SOO...awesome!
If we weren't already relaxed, the facials took us right over the edge and beyond.
It was glorious.
We had a nurse come to answer questions about Life after Breast Cancer and then it was time to get ready for a night on the town.
We headed into Park City and walked up and down Main Street for a bit. Then we had dinner at a restaurant that I will never be able to afford. We were hoping to catch a glimpse of the Hot Air Balloon Festival, but they had to cancel it due to the wind. Major disappointment. Riding in a hot air balloon is on my bucket list. I knew we wouldn't be riding in one, but I was really looking forward to seeing one up close and personal. Oh well, another day will have to do.
When we got back to the house, we spent the rest of the night chatting. It's what we ladies do best and I love it when I have the opportunity to visit with women who share this common ground with me. I learned a lot and hope to continue these new friendships.
Sunday morning brought a little bit of sadness because we knew we would be heading home.
We had a group project where we made collage boards of our journeys.
It was very therapeutic and wonderful to be able to share this experience with these friends.
While we were finishing up our boards, a photographer came to take some pictures of everyone. I don't have access to them yet, but I will keep you posted. I am really excited to see how they turn out. I think they are going to be beautiful. The perfect way to capture this whole weekend.
Thank you Jodi and everyone at Image Reborn! This weekend was completely amazing and I feel so blessed that I was able to be a part of it.







No comments:
Post a Comment