Who has completed all of the requirements to be an Eagle Scout?
This kid right here.
Okay. He doesn't really look like this anymore.
Now he is a tall, lanky teenager and I find myself wondering, "Where exactly did the time go?"
When he completed the Cub Scout requirements and became a Boy Scout, he had one goal in mind...to achieve the rank of Eagle by the time he was 14.
Well, you become a Boy Scout at the age of 11, so that gave him three short years to get all of the requirements completed.
He made it...sort of.
He completed his Eagle Project by the time he was 14. It just took a few more months to finish up some merit badges, and have all of the paperwork interviews done.
I call it a huge success. To be an Eagle Scout by the time you are 15 is pretty amazing.
For his Eagle Project, he organized a group of people to go and install fire pits at our Stake Property (the place where we went for Girl's Camp.) Those fire pits are awesome. They were sorely needed and now the girls and other campers can have fires pretty much anytime.
I am having a hard time locating the pics that we took after they completed the project, so here is one that we took at girls camp this year. Fire pit in the background. Just ignore the cute youth camp leader with fake injuries....:)
We held an Eagle Court of Honor last weekend (August 1). I am so grateful for the family who traveled long distances to be here and support Josh. It really meant a lot to us to have you all here.
Thank you also to all of the friends and scout leaders who came as well. We love you all and are so thankful to have you in our lives.
It was a great night and I am so proud of my son.
He is a pretty great kid and I am so lucky to be his mom.





No comments:
Post a Comment