Sunday, August 3, 2014

Camp Kesem Recap

Magic.

That's what happens at Camp Kesem.

Pure magic.

But don't take my word for it.  I will have my kids describe their own Camp Kesem experiences.

Ellie
To translate:
"Camp Kesem was so AWESOME!  I loved everyone there.  Mumble was really funny.  (Insert crazy face per Ellie's request.)  I loved the carnival and Olympics and all the other things and the fun part of it is spending time with people and expressing my feeling and being comfortable talking about it." 
Ellie
pics from Ells' camera (Ells is Ellie's Camp Kesem nickname)
Abbie
"Camp Kesem was the best camp I've ever been to.  I think the one this year was the best one ever.  They make my dreams come true.  I love the idea for Camp Kesem.  I've made new friends and I'm sad that Bubbles and Chewy and Mumble are leaving forever.  I love Camp Kesem."
pics from Owlet's camera (Abbie)

Emma
"Camp Kesem is awesome!  When I'm there, I don't feel alone and I feel like the other people there know what I'm going through.  It makes me feel like I can forget about my mom's cancer and I can just have fun and be myself.  I'm always so excited to go every year and see my friends."
pics from Ding Dong's camera (Emma)

Josh
"Camp Kesem was really great.  I made several new friends and I had experiences that I'll never forget.  I'm really over the trauma of mom's cancer, but it was great to see how it helped the children of those who didn't survive or were only recently diagnosed."

Ya....so Josh forgot to take pictures with his camera so I don't have any from his perspective to insert here, but I do have some awesome pictures that the camp photographers took.





This was Josh's first year, Emma and Abbie's 3rd and Ellie's 2nd.  It definitely will not be their last.
Camp Kesem Forever!!!!

Thank you a million, billion times to the AMAZING camp counselors and staff.  We will never be able to sufficiently thank you for all of the time and love you devote to these kids.
And a special thank you to Mumble, Bubbles, and Chewy
(who I know will read this because they are blog stalkers...;)
WE LOVE YOU!!!!!
Don't be strangers now!  You know where to find us. :)


PS.  Here are a couple of videos with highlights from the week...




No comments:

Post a Comment