Thursday, July 3, 2014

Music Under the Stars

Every once in a while, the sun, moon, stars and planets align and I win something.
When that happens, it makes me happy...especially when it's something cool like 4 tickets to see one of our favorite violinists play with the Utah Symphony.
(Yes, we are classical music nerds and proud of it.)

I was taking Emma to ice skating one day and just happened to catch the "call in now to win these tickets" liner.  I called, expecting to hear the familiar busy signal, but instead I heard the DJ say, "You're caller #10! Congratulations!"
I was stunned.
Then I was excited.
I couldn't wait to tell Abbie that I had just won tickets to see Miss Jenny Oaks Baker, Abbie's violin hero (other than her amazing teacher, Meredith Campbell.)  She was excited.

Emma and Ellie are not as big of nerds as the rest of us, so they were more then happy to stay home while we went to the concert.  We were also fortunate that Josh's teacher, Nicole Pinnell Jackson, happened to be playing with the symphony that night.  Bonus!  She is so amazing...

Abbie really enjoyed the concert, especially when it turned dark and she was able to play with the glow sticks.  :)

It was a beautiful night and a wonderful concert.  I love watching Jenny play the violin.  She is mesmerizing and we were lucky enough to snag a picture of her and Abbie after the show.  I think one of our favorite things about Jenny is all of her beautiful gowns.  Abbie and I are super jealous.  I wish I had an excuse to wear a gown....
 Lots of great music.  Lots of great memories.  

Here is a video of Jenny if you have never seen her play.
She is incredible.


No comments:

Post a Comment