When you are a kid, birthdays are so exciting! You can't sleep for days before the big event. Your thoughts and dreams are filled with everything that a birthday brings to your life- cake, balloons, presents, friends, parties.
![]() |
| Just look at this picture. Excitement oozing from every pore. |
I was fortunate to have a mother who was (and still is) amazing. Our cakes were always a work of art. One year she even made me a piano cake! She...is...so...cool.
As people get older, some lose the zest for birthday celebrations. It's just another day and some people even dread the thought of turning one year older.
Not this gal.
I am and forever will be grateful for another year of life.
I look forward to growing older and spending precious time with my family and friends.
I love birthdays.
Even though sometimes it does feel just like another day, I like having just another day.
Especially when you walk out into the kitchen and see this...
He did it again! Two years in a row the Love of My Life has surprised me on my birthday. Last year it was my awesome camera. I love that camera so much. This year it was balloons, which may not seem like a big deal, but it means so much to me. One of the birthday traditions we have is to wake up to balloons tied to your place at the table. I never get balloons, because I am the one who always purchases the balloons. I had the fleeting thought last night,
"I wish that I could wake up to balloons at my spot."
And it happened. Thanks honey. This little gesture really meant a lot to me today.
Yesterday, Ellie said that she would fix me breakfast for my birthday.
And she did.
A banana and toast.
Thanks Ellie! You're the sweetest!
She also made me a little book.
Homemade gifts are the best. I am so lucky.
Sunday is a church day at our house, and our meetings start at 9 am. We had a lovely time at church and I am so thankful for all of the birthday wishes that I received there. I am surrounded by so many wonderful people. Again, I am so lucky.
The rest of the afternoon was spent being pretty lazy, which is the best birthday present ever.
This is also the best birthday present ever....
Purchasing the digital copy of Frozen. Man, I love that show. It just makes me happy.
It was a gorgeous day so we hung around outside for a bit.
Ate some dinner and then to cap it all off, my wonderful son made my favorite dessert.
A Shaum Torte.
He is the best and turning into quite a good cook/baker. It was delicious.
It was a super awesome, very good, stupendous birthday.
I feel so blessed and lucky.
36 years on this earth.
36 years of an amazing life.
I wouldn't change a day of it. Every day I have learned something new. I have made many, many mistakes. I have had many, many trials.
But each mistake, each trial, each journey and joy have brought me to where I am today- and it's a good place to be. A very good place. I love my life.









I know I've mentioned before how I think Emma bears a strong resemblance to Karen... and sure, I still see it. BUT. I now completely see you in her after seeing your earlier birthday pictures! =) Love it and super late-- hope you had a great day. =)
ReplyDelete